Thursday, January 7, 2010

Deaf Equipment How Can One Become An Advocate For The Deaf Community? I'm Hard Of Hearing And Would Like To Bcome One.?

How can one become an advocate for the deaf community? I'm hard of hearing and would like to bcome one.? - deaf equipment

I am always interested in hearing impaired and a mediator for the Deaf are, with the possibility of a non-profit organization. I'm waiting for a possible grant of the loan by the government (directly) for materials, etc. I would also like to buy and video ASL dictionaries, etc. distriubted from low-income families.

Here are some websites that can help: www.lifeprint.com (ASL site learning) and www.mygovernmentresources.com (where you are trying to) get a loan.

Thanks for the help ... is greatly appreciated!

3 comments:

blktan23 said...

I regret to say, but if you really deaf shouldnht an interpreter. are the groups in their area of sensory impairment? trying to connect their

Santal said...

That is exactly what you are doing for the people of the Deaf? There are several ways to help - the first is learning ASL, and you avoid the deaf. I suggest you be clear in what area you want to support ... Do you offer legal services? independent living assistance? Education? DCARA view of the Bay Area of San Francisco and see what areas of interest:

http://www.dcara.org/

The acquisition of ASL dictionaries may be helpful to some, but more useful is needed personal interaction with people who have special care.

happy2lu... said...

I just want to start writing to your elected Official in Washington about the problems she sees him all the time, and of course, if you are in contact with city officials about the problems he identified himself and others in the name can not be the situation as you speak.

I know what you mean, because they stand up for gay rights, as I have several gay friends and I hope that I, as a supporter of gay rights will be recognized me. I wrote to both senators, all the local papers every time something happens on the question of gay rights and will not stop until my voice is heard and you should not. Good luck.

Post a Comment